Zoe specialises in crime, having previously enjoyed a common law practice on the Western Circuit.
Her practice ranges from driving offences to those of serious violence and dishonesty. She is experienced in dealing with matters at all stages for defence and prosecution in both the Crown Court and Magistrates Court, and is regularly instructed to act in appeals to the Crown Court.
Zoe prides herself on her legal research and ability to present robust legal arguments. She has been noted to recognise the importance in developing a strong working relationship with clients, ensuring they are at ease, and that they fully understand court processes.
Having both prosecuted and defended youths and other vulnerable individuals, Zoe is familiar with the procedure and sensitivities that can arise in such cases.
Zoe also regularly acts in Local Authority prosecutions, predominantly concerning licensing and environmental offences.
• R v W defended s.47 ABH trial – victim had retracted due to purported intoxication at the time of preparing their statement – Judge withdrew case from Jury after voire dire and legal argument.
• R v C – defended s.47 ABH trial involving stabbing – jury acquitted, despite hearing no evidence from D.
• R v M and othrs – successfully defended (Led by Andrew Scott) in a 10 handed conspiracy – criminal damage with intent to endanger life.
• R v G&K – multi-handed affray – successful submission of no case to answer.
• R v A – prosecuted sentence for s.18 GBH – submissions on dangerousness – D received 12 years imprisonment.