Main Practice Areas
Public Law (Children) – Represent Local Authorities, Parents, and Children’s Guardians from Magistrate to High Court level in cases involving complex issues of fact and law in the following areas:
- Head Injuries
- Sexual Abuse (including between children)
- Factitious Induced Illness
- Death of children
- Linked care and criminal proceedings
- One spouse accused of killing the other
- Chronic neglect
- Secure Accomodation
- Discharge of Care Orders
- Wardship & declarations in the inherent jurisdiction of the High Court
- Cases involving cross-jurisdictional issues and the application and interpretation of Brussels II.
Private Law (Children) – Represent parents in applications for:
- Child Arrangements Orders (residence and contact)
- Finding of fact hearings involving serious allegations of domestic violence
- Temporary and Permanent removal from the jurisdiction (Hague Convention and Non Hague Convention countries).
Court of Protection – Representing Welfare applications in relation to vulnerable adults who lack mental capacity and children aged 16 to 18 who lack mental capacity. Cases involving :
- Disputes regarding residence; contact and medical treatment
- Jurisdiction where a 16 to 18 year old straddles both the Children Act and Mental Capacity Act.
FMPO – Representing Local Authorities and children and adults seeking the protection of an order as well as those against whom allegations of forced marriage have been made. Particular interest in cases involving allegations of honour based violence.
General – Rehana has amassed a wealth of knowledge and expertise in her 21 years of practice as a Solicitor and Barrister which she is regularly called upon to share in the form of seminars for solicitors and social workers. Rehana has particular expertise in acting for Local Authorities and the insight gained as a former local authority solicitor has proved advantageous when acting for and against Local Authorities whenever scrutiny of Local Authority decision making processes is required; including in the context of Human Rights Act (Article 6 & Article 8) violations.
INTERESTS – As an ex – international volleyball player for many years (representing England at junior and senior level and captaining the junior team) with a degree in physical education; Rehana has maintained her interest in physical fitness by recently qualifying as an advanced Level 3 Personal Trainer. In her spare time she continues to search for that elusive work/life balance which participating in regular physical activity goes some way to restore. She is also an avid reader and loves to ski.