Recent mediation experience includes:
· A partnership dispute involving former cohabitees and a third party who had loaned the partnership business substantial sums of money.
· A shareholder dispute in relation to a family run business valued at £5,000,000.
· A claim of professional negligence against solicitors instructed by the executors of an Estate involving eight potential claimants with competing interests against the Estate and claims against the Estate’s solicitors.
· A professional negligence claim against solicitors who failed to advise on limitation issues.
· A claim by a builder for payment of his final account which was subject to a counterclaim by their customer in respect of alleged poor workmanship and/or overcharging.
· A claim by a Canadian pilot for payment of monies claimed to be due under the terms of his contract of employment when he was forced to give up work in Saudi Arabia.
· Numerous claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
· A commercial dispute in relation to the obligations of both parties relating to the supply and fitting of tyres to fleet vehicles under the terms of a national contract.
· A dispute between two siblings in relation to the validity of their late mother’s will.
· A dispute between an Executor appointed under a will which had been admitted to probate and a disappointed beneficiary who sought to have the Grant of Probate set aside on the grounds of capacity.
· A dispute arising from the question of whether terms of the Deceased’s will were rendered void as a consequence of the conditions precedent creating a half-secret trust having not been met.
· A dispute between owners of adjoining plots of agricultural land that had originally formed part of the same title prior to division in 1970 over legal and possessory titles and rights of way.
· A dispute between adjoining hoteliers in relation to the location of the boundary between their respective properties and one party’s claim to adverse possession.
· A dispute between co-directors and shareholders of a solar energy firm that had led to an irretrievable breakdown in relations and allegations of unfair prejudicial conduct.
· A S994 / partnership dispute between siblings arising out of their conduct and business dealings in respect of various family companies.